This Atlanta Public Schools project consists of an addition to the existing Jackson Primary School built in 1956 and located in a residential neighborhood. The addition was a two-story classroom building designed to complement the existing mid-century modern, masonry architecture. The new instruction areas included a media center, an art room and a music suite.
The Jackson Primary Center Addition achieved LEED certification. Sustainable elements in the building’s design ensure that students, teachers and administrators learn and work in an environment that provides good indoor air quality, energy efficient building systems and an example of mindful use and disposal of resources.