The existing Fike facility originally consisted of two 1930’s field houses, an administrative building and a 1970’s Natatorium addition. Stevens & Wilkinson worked with Clemson University to successfully renovate the facility to increase operational efficiency and overall site circulation. During the renovation, the main entry was moved to the old historic entrance which provided both a nostalgic link to the past and offered a better route for student access across campus. On the exterior, the new gym addition links the old Fike exterior with the new Natatorium through the use of brick, planters and translucent wall panels. In addition, the HVAC, electrical and security systems were replaced with state-of-the-art systems that brought the building back up to code.